Nicholas Tomillon Talks With TMI About His Debut Single “To My Father”
Hey Nicholas 🙂 You just released your debut single “To My Father” & it’s amazing! What do you hope your supporters will think of the new song? & What do you hope they’ll get from hearing your new song?
- This song is very special to me because I go in depth about my childhood, and the way that my father has affected me. I really hope people take this song in the sense that it is okay to express your feelings. Whether it be through music, sports, writing, etc. Along with that, I want others to know that they are not alone. There are people out there that will listen and take action.
Can you tell us the backstory of this song? Is it from a real experience?
- From a young age my father and I have never had a great relationship. I tried to write this song in the most raw perspective possible. I love my dad, but I don’t agree with his actions. I held on to the hope of us having a stronger relationship, but at this point I don’t see that happening anytime in the future.
You also have more music coming out in 2019!! Can you spill any details on what your supporters can look forward to next year?!?
- Yes I do! I have been non-stop writing and producing for the past 6-7 months. I absolutely cannot wait for everyone to hear it. The only thing I can really say is that I am aiming to release songs for everyone. It’s hard for me to stick to one genre, so the new music is going to be very versatile.
What’s it feel like to be releasing your own original music?
- Music has always been my passion, and to finally be able to pursue that brings me so much joy. The best feeling in the world is being able to sit down and produce, then write and record. So many ideas come to life that I have been waiting to finally put down on paper, and it is so surreal.
Will there be a music video for your new single? If so, can you tell us about the concept of the video 🙂
- As of right now, there will not be a music video for To My Father. I am hoping to have some music videos for my future songs, but we’ll just have to see how it goes. I would love to release music videos, but my main priority right now is releasing as many songs as possible.
What’s been the pros and cons of sharing your life on social media?
- I have very mixed emotions about social media. It is incredible that people all around the world look up to me and like my content. On the other hand, there are people that just don’t seem to care about anyone’s feelings but their own. I’m learning how to ignore the haters more and more everyday, but it’ll take time. My best piece of advice is that you know who you are, so don’t let others label you.
Is there anyone you want to thank that’s helped you get to where you are today?
- My mom is my biggest fan. She’s always there for me, no matter what. She fully supports my music dreams and without her I would’ve never been able to accomplish what I have so far.
What do you want your message to be towards your fans? What do you want your fans to take away from your music and shows?
- I want them to know that it is okay to be themselves. I know it can be hard to feel comfortable in your own skin, but I promise that when you finally do, it will feel amazing. I also want everyone to know that you are not alone. There is somebody out there going through the same struggles, and they know how you feel.
Are you planning any shows to promote your new music?
- Yes I am! I’m planning my first ever show in Richmond, Virginia. I’m very nervous, but I believe that it’ll go smooth and everyone will have a good time.
What is it like performing in front of your fans?
- I actually have never performed live, but I’m so beyond excited to. I know it’s going to be incredible!
What do you want your supporters to know that you think is important?
- Anything can happen, as long as you work for it. Follow your dreams and never give up, because you will reach your goal someday.
What’s something your fans don’t know about you?
- Along with singing, I also want to be a model. I think that modeling is so beautiful and I love the art of it.
Many of your supporters are starstruck when they meet you Have you ever been starstruck?
- Recently I went to a Madison Beer concert, and I was totally blown away. She is so gorgeous, like it’s not even funny. I went up to her for a pic and I was trying so hard to keep my cool. I was literally having a panic attack, but other than that it was incredible.
What do you want your fans to know if they ever see you in public?
- Don’t be afraid to come say hi to me! I love meeting new people and having a good conversation.
Is there anyone in the music business you are dying to meet?
- If I could meet anyone it would probably be Kim Petras or Tove Lo. Those two women are so incredible and I look up to them so much. Their music has helped me in unexplainable ways, and I love the fact that they are not afraid to be themselves.
Why do you think social media is so important for teen artists like yourself?
- Social media makes it so much easier to find people that you connect with. So many people have direct messaged me talking about how my music has helped them, and without social media that never would’ve happened.
What would you say is your biggest dream/goal right now?
- I really hope to release a full length album and to be able to go on a world tour with some of my inspirations. I am so grateful to have found the path I want to take, and I know that there is so much more in store.
Any last things you want to tell your supporters?
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart, for everything that you do for me. Without you all, I wouldn’t be where I am right now. If you ever need anything, Direct message me on Instagram, I will do as much as I can to help. I love you, and stay strong.
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview!
- Thank you so much for this opportunity, I had an awesome time.