Photo credit: Bubba Sellars
With sky-high vocal range, showstopping delivery, and a ukulele, Bend, Oregon born and raised, Los Angeles-based pop singer and songwriter Austin Brown immediately turns heads. Within under two years, impromptu D.I.Y. performances everywhere generated millions of views and interactions on the 16-year-old’s Instagram, attracted a growing fan base. Now, he introduces his irresistible debut single “In Betweenin’.” He makes a connection anytime and anywhere he sings.
Hey Austin! So excited to be chatting with you! You just released your debut single “In Betweenin” & it’s awesome! It’s so catchy & relatable!! I love it!! What do you hope your supporters will think of the new song?
- I hope my supporters also find it catchy and are able to connect with the meaning and overall vibe.
Fans can purchase / stream “In Betweenin” here: https://austinbrown.lnk.to/inbetweenin
Can you tell us the backstory of this song? Is it from a real experience?
- Yes, it is from a real experience that happened not to long ago. The song is basically based around that awkward zone where you are not sure if you are “more than friends or less than lovers” in a new relationship.
You also have more music coming out in 2019!! Can you spill any details on what your supporters can look forward to next year?!?
- I’m so excited to release my new music! It’s so catchy and everyone seems too love it so far!
Do you have a creative say in your music? Did you help write all your new songs?
- I love writing and being a big part in the whole song making process. Not only is it fun but I am also able to really connect to the songs I’m working on. I can’t wait to share more stuff with my fans and the world!
What’s it feel like to be releasing your own original music?
- It’s an unreal experience to me because it is something I have dreamed of since I was a little kid!
What’s been the pros and cons of moving to la to pursue your music career?
- Moving to LA was a big step for me. Right when I got here it was everything and more than I had imagined! I made some great friendships out here and there is never a dull moment considering how much there is to do! Some down sides to LA would have to be that there are at times overwhelming aspects to the big city. I definitely miss being an easy drive from a beautiful mountain or river like I was back home in Oregon.
Is there anyone you want to thank that’s helped you get to where you are today?
- I definitely would like to thank my parents for sticking with me during this whole journey and always having my back when things go wrong, also my managers for working so incredibly hard to help me do what I love.
How would you describe your fans? – what’s three words you would use to describe your fans?
- Trendy, exited and beyond supportive.
What do you want your message to be towards your fans? What do you want your fans to take away from your music and shows?
- To just enjoy the moment, have fun, and realize that everyone is human which means not everyone is perfect.
What is it like performing in front of your fans? Are you excited to start performing your own music live!?!
- Performing in front of my own fans is an incredible feeling, it is definitely a one of a kind experience that I have already fallen in love with. Yes! I am so excited to perform my own music live! I cannot wait to hear everyone singing along with me to the songs I have wrote and put my own feelings into!
What do you want your supporters to know that you think is important?
- I think it is very important to appreciate! what you have and live completely in the moment.
What’s one word you would use to describe what your fans have allowed you to accomplish?
With an already massive fanbase your fans must have a name for themselves. What do your fans call themselves? And How did that fanbase name catch on?
- My fan base does not have a name yet and I’m sure they would like one! We will have to work on that together!
What do you want your fans to know if they ever see you in public?
- That I am a human just like them, and that I am just pursuing my god given gift!
Is there anyone in the music business you are dying to meet?
- Julia Michaels – I’ve been a huge fan of hers for years now and I really respect her music.
Why do you think social media is so important for teen artists like yourself?
- Not only is it great to be able to share new music, but it is also a great place to show your supporters who you really are and what goes on behind the scenes
What would you say is your biggest dream/goal right now?
- To have my music touch and inspire as many people across the world as possible.
Any last things you want to tell your supporters?
- I hope you guys are prepared for this new music to drop because it is so good!!
Stay tuned for more from Austin Brown @iamaustinbrown