1. Hey Jade! So excited to be chatting with you! You just released your new single! How excited were you to get this single out into the world?
Thank you so much for having me and yes, I did! I’m super excited because Invisible was my most listened to song thus far and doing a remix allows the audience to hear the same song with a different beat, a different perspective. I’m grateful that so far, it’s been getting a lot of really positive feedback.
2. You also have an EP coming out soon! How excited are you to release your new EP?
I’m over the moon excited about releasing this EP as I’ve been working on it for a while. Like most artists, creativity comes from a place of purpose and personal experience, yet with age the perspectives and maturity change the delivery and hopefully the quality of the message. Hopefully that will come through when the EP is released.
3. What did you hope your supporters would think of all the new songs?
My hope is that people really connect with these songs and understand me a bit more intimately. My last EP was about very real and relevant subjects that I’m extremely passionate about being an influence for. They are broader in their content and reach whereas my new EP is all about relationships and will let people see me in a bit more vulnerable and personal way.
4. Can you tell us the backstory of this album? Is it from a real experience?’
Without giving too much away, I will say this project is completely about real experiences and feelings and thoughts I’ve had going through relationships. The EP is titled “All the Love Songs I Never Wrote” because I used to joke when I was younger that I would never be one of those artists who wrote cheesy love songs about my personal experiences…and then I wrote a good six love songs LOL! I love to learn and as we age wisdom teaches us humility from our naive youth, so irony is that the first five songs are a growth curve around real feelings experienced. So, when trying to figure out how I would wrap up the EP and what I would call it, I just thought to myself well this is funny that these are all the love songs I never thought I would write. Thus, the title track of the EP was birthed, “All the Love Songs I Never Wrote.”
5. You also have more projects coming out in 2021!! Can you spill any details on what your supporters can look forward to from you this year?
My music supporters specifically can be ready to hear a LOT more music and a LOT more videos from me very soon! Other than music you can stay updated on what I’m doing by following me on all my socials @jadepatteri.
6. Do you have a creative say in your music? Did you help write all your new songs?
I write all of my music, lyrics and melody. Sometimes an idea or lyric comes first and then I sit at the piano and find a melody and other times I sit down at the piano and just play, and a newfound melody sparks a lyric or an idea.
7. What’s it feel like to be releasing your own original music?’
I write because I have to. It is my breath. The tough thing is that art is a journey not a destination, so releasing a creative piece of mine is very vulnerable as I never feel it is complete. That said, once the child has been brought into the world all we can do is pray that the world loves it as much as we do knowing that not everyone will; and that is the creator’s journey. That said, I have an amazingly talented team invest in this project and I am excited for our supporters to share in that investment.
8. Will there be a music video for any of your new singles? If so, can you tell us about the concept of the video
Yes, we are planning to do three or four videos this year. The first video will be so different….it…sorry, I just can’t. You’ll have to wait until the EP is out! LOL.
9. What’s been the pros and cons of pursuing your music career?
Most people go through life unhappy with their work, their career. I feel so incredibly blessed that I get to do what I love every day and bring healing and joy to people through my words, my music. That said, there is nothing like sharing the stories in person and given today’s COVID challenges, that has not been a possibility. So. Hopefully soon when live performing comes back, I’ll be able to get my music out there and influence even more people than before!
10. Is there anyone you want to thank that’s helped you get to where you are today?
Well first, God. Without Him, I’m absolutely nothing. With Him I have a purpose that drives me every day to show the love of God through my music and my art. Many artists don’t have the support of their family, however, I come from a family of artists and a circle of like-minded artistic friends that have been hugely instrumental in helping me get to where I am today. They are my biggest supporters and I feel so incredibly blessed to have a community like the one that I have.
11. What’s three words you would use to describe your fans?
Loyal, passionate and supportive!
12. What do you want your message to be towards your fans? What do you want your fans to take away from your music and shows?
Really listen to my lyrics. Every musician strives to have a beat, a rhythm or sound that grabs you. Of course, I strive for that as well and have an incredibly talented producer in Izek Rose and Mixer/ Engineer Byram who drive the song. However, the lyrics are what I really hope people reflect on. They are the message that I am hoping to convey and influence others around. If I can achieve that, even if just one person, then
it is all worth while.
13. Are you planning any IG Live shows to promote your new music?
Yes! More updates coming soon! Follow me on IG for updates @jadepatteri
14. What is it like performing in front of your fans? Are you excited to start performing your own music live!?!
Performing in front of people who enjoy my music is absolutely amazing. To have people who care enough to come and listen to me perform is something I will never truly grasp. I truly value time and people and when someone goes out of their way to watch me do what I love I feel so incredibly cared for.
15. What do you want your supporters to know that you think is important? What’s something your fans don’t know about you?
Purpose. My purpose is what drives me. I feel incredibly rich no matter where life takes me as I have my faith, and incredible family and so many friends that are there for me. I therefore feel it is my life’s purpose to give back a portion of what I have been given to help others experience just a slice of the joy that I have been given. When people don’t know you, they cast judgments off of what you look like, perceptions. Quite often people don’t realize that I am a bit of a ham…I LIVE for comedic repartee. Laughing is a necessary daily elixir for my soul.
16. What’s one word you would use to describe what your fans have allowed you to accomplish?
17 What do you want your fans to know if they ever see you in public?
Come say hi! I love to meet fans and/or people who just might want to talk about music and the arts. So ya, I’m half Canadian so there’s nothing to be intimidated by since being mean is illegal in Canada lol!
18. Is there anyone in the music business you are dying to meet?
The AJR brothers! I think they are some of the most talented creatives that I’ve ever seen.
19. What’s your current go-to song?
Way Less Sad- AJR
20. Why do you think social media is so important for artists like yourself?
Social Media is a great way to not only get your music heard, but it’s a great way as well to connect with other artists, collaborate and support each other! I will say as well that social media has been a godsend during this COVID season for creators because we’ve been able to create content and art no matter if we are at home or not.
21. What would you say is your biggest dream/goal right now?
My dream is to make a living performing live and to take a portion of what I receive from the loving support and give back to XXX.
22. Any last things you want to tell your supporters?
Thank you. Thank you for your love, support and interest in me and my music. I hope that you are all well during these challenging times and know that above all, you are loved. I love you all so much! Thank you again as well to Teen Music Insider for having me again. 🙂