The Beautifully Dark & Alluring
Is Now Making Her Grand Debut Into The Spotlight
You just released your debut single “POWER” and it has already gained a lot of attention from your fanbase, what has been your thought on the reaction of the song?
- It’s been really wild, actually. I didn’t really realize how strong my support system was until “POWER” hit Spotify. You never really know how your fans, friends and family feel about your work, but the reaction I’m getting seems genuine and it’s validating. I’m humbled, for sure.
Any fun moments while creating the song?
- I mean, it’s all fun when you look back big picture, but the main thing that sticks out was probably that first session. I’d never worked with my producer, Tim Ryssemus, before so I think the natural high of real creative chemistry was amazing. The session ended at 3am, I went home, showered, chugged coffee and then had to drive straight to Virginia for my brother’s 30th birthday. I’m pretty sure I listened to the demo a hundred times over. It might have been what got me through the 9.5 hour drive on no sleep. That, coffee and my dogs as co-pilots. They’re the best on road trips.
Will there be a music video for the song? (if yes) Can you spill any details about the video?
- Right now, there’s nothing in the pipeline but I’m never going to say never. Most visual ideas for the songs seem to leak out of my brain when I least expect it, so if something comes to me for “Power”, I’ll absolutely explore it.
Are you planning to release an EP or Album anytime soon?
- Since I’m a newer artists, I’ll be sticking to single track releases for the foreseeable future. I’m still pretty irrelevant! I don’t want to overload anyone with too much, too soon. Plus, it gives me more freedom in terms of visuals, campaigns and overall artist brand development and exploration. Early 2019, probably January/February, I’ll drop the second single, and should have at least three more dropping one by one after that!
Why do you think social media is so important for artists today?
- Oh, I mean it’s the easiest and most transparent way to connect with listeners on a daily basis for starters. It’s a constant stream of consciousness if you want it to be, directly from your brain to your fans eyes and ears. I’ve had people hit me up via social media who just want to share their creative struggles with someone they think will understand, or who want to let me know that they really connected with a post or a caption or a story. It’s motivating for me to have that type of open door policy with those who are engaged with my work, to see the positive effects real time. It’s unmatched.
How do you want your relationship to be like with your supporters?
- Well…as real as it can be. I keep trying to create things that make me as scared as possible. The more unnerved I am by sharing something emotional, the more I feel driven to do it. Somewhere, someone else is feeling the exact same way, and we’ll be bonded by that. I’m not into fan fare. I don’t want smoke and mirrors hiding me or my work. I want everyone who is listening to know that I’m in no way any different, that I, in no way, have a struggle free life, or a life with no lows. This career path is difficult, and life is difficult, and I want my supporters to see me in all my faults and in all my weaknesses and say, “I’m still into this. I still identify with this.” That’s real support, and that’s real connection, and that’s all anyone really wants.
What type of music are you leaning towards for your music career?
- Simply put, I like things that are dark. Not necessarily depressing, but dark. My mother hates it. She’s still super supportive though! (Hi Mom!) Uh, but there’s something real sticky about gritty heavy low end. I don’t see myself shying away from that any time soon. I have four other tracks that embrace my love for the cinematic and emotionally raw. I’m just trying to create what I like. Here’s to hoping that works out, I guess!
Any other fun things in the works you can tell us about?
- I’m really excited about these other upcoming singles, and seeing how my music translates to live shows. I have a incredible, creative and driven group of people around me who want to make every aspect of my work come alive. Sitting down with each one of them makes me STOKED for the possibilities.
Any last things you want to tell your supporters?
- I love you and I’m dying to hear your thoughts. Hit me up and tell me how you’re doing, what you’re thinking about. I want to know! There is no barrier between me and someone who listens to or supports my music.
- You’re my people, so for real, if you wanna talk, I wanna listen.
Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with us 🙂
- No, thank you! Super amazing experience. Kinda surreal that people actually want to know what I’m thinking about. I appreciate it like no other!
“It’s hard to share pieces of you that only a few people will understand, you know? For me, this song is about being so obsessively, devastatingly, disgustingly in love with someone that they take complete control over you. You’ve given them power over you, almost willingly.”