photo credit: Kelly Mason
Hey SUMif 🙂 You just released your new single “Undone”. Can you tell us the backstory of this song? Is it inspired from a real experience?
- Last summer I met a girl who rocked my world, she made me feel things I had never felt before. This song is about the absolute bliss I felt during our time together, but all while knowing that the moments were fleeting, that they couldn’t last. The feeling though, the feeling will stay with me forever – I am beyond grateful for the experience. This song is full of the thoughts that raced through my head, all the words I couldn’t say out loud.
What do you hope your supporters will think of the new song? What do you hope they’ll get from hearing your new song?
- I hope it makes them feel something, I hope it makes them move.
Can you spill any details on what your supporters can look forward to next year?!?
- Early next year I’ll be releasing an EP about the previously mentioned relationship. I wrote a song for each feeling along that emotional rollercoaster. I am excited to package them up along with all my feelings and send them off into the world.
Will there be a music video for the new song? If yes, can you tell us about the video for the new single?
- TBD TBD – but you can always expect turtlenecks and glitter if it happens.
Is there anyone you want to thank that’s helped you get to where you are today?
- David Burris, Rahi Kumar, my parents, friends, and anyone who’s every streamed/downloaded one of my songs. I am so so so so so grateful and wouldn’t be in the same position without any of the above.
What do you want your message to be to your fans? What do you want your fans to take away from your music and shows?
- I want my message to be: be unapologetically authentically yourself – be a weirdo – be a nerd – be whoever you want to be – and own it. I hope my fans leave my shows feeling energized and inspired.
Are you planning any shows to promote your new music?
- Yes! January 24th @ Rickshaw Stop in San Francisco with Midi Matilda.
What is it like performing in front of your fans?
- The best feeling in the world. Dancing on stage and vibing off the audience is absolute bliss.
What’s something your fans don’t know about you?
- When I was younger I wanted desperately to be a pro-snowboarder, but after I landed a front-flip after 50 failed attempts I decided I was too risk-averse and quit while I was ahead in terms of the acrobatics of it. Still love getting out on a powder day, but no more park runs for me.
What do you want your fans to know if they ever see you in public?
- Say hi!!! I want to meet you!
Is there anyone in the music business you are dying to meet?
- Tove Lo.
Why do you think social media is so important for artists?
- I suppose it’s how everyone seems to connect and communicate these days. It gives fans a peephole into the lives of their favorite artists who years ago you wouldn’t know much of what was happening in their day to day lives.
What would you say is your biggest dream/goal right now?
- a set at Coachella: Saturday night – 7:30 sunset.
Any last things you want to tell your supporters?
- Thank you for listening, thank you for dancing with me.